Monday, March 8, 2010

Jeremy's belated birthday

Yesterday, Monday (our usual Japanese study day), Kiyoko decided to come to our house instead to celebrate Jeremy's belated birthday!

The day started out nice - we were hoping for sun, since it had been a while, but alas, the clouds took over. And today, it's snowing... a lot... go figure. She brought a delicious Japanese o-bento lunch consisting of maki rolls (vegetable sushi rolls), sweet egg (best I've had!), chicken, beef, and soaked veggies. Sorry no picture! :-(

Then we had CAKE! She left us for a short time after lunch to hunt it down, telling me that I needed to rest a while, hehe. If you can read the Japanese printed on the cake, it says "o-tanjobi omedetoo" which means congratulations on your birthday, or happy birthday. Jeremy blew out the candles in one breath, lol! *And Jesse, that fruit on the plate is the buntan we showed you earlier! It was good!

And then we took some food-eating pics (apparently, common in Japan too)!


Afterwards, Kiyoko helped us with our Japanese study (nevermind our messy kitchen).

Here is the card Kiyoko got Jeremy for his birthday. She drew a picture of our little family! :-)

2 comments:

Joyce said...

That looks like a really cool birthday party! What fun!

mom said...

I'm so glad I get to come and meet your friends for myself so I can thank them personally for taking such good care of our kids for us. How sweet of her to give you such a nice birthday. Now its time for Kristin's birthday.