Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Voting
I also want to say I'm sad I didn't get to participate in this year's Presidential election. I was under-informed about the process of voting from overseas and therefore never got an absentee ballot. At the time, I figured it was something I had to do in person, meaning something else to add to our list of a gazillion things to do before we left for Japan! I'm also ashamed to admit that I haven't followed the candidates since the primaries, and don't know much about what they stand for so I don't know who I'd vote for anyway. Sigh. I do hope you all did your research and got your votes in today/yesterday though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We voted! Our (GOP) US Rep was ousted by the Democrat - lost by 1100 votes in a very light turnout. Its the first Democrat in that office for us in ages. Maybe ever - ? I'll bet he'd slap John McCain if he saw him. The light turnout by Republicans was most likely because he vocally gave up on Michigan. He conceded defeat here and spent no money, didn't come here, etc. If he had run here too, the Rep would have won probably, even though McCain would have lost anyhow.
Dad
Post a Comment