Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween Update

I wish I had pictures to post of Halloween, I know I promised you all... but we're still waiting for them from those with the cameras. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of us on mine. We weren't anything spectacular though, so you're not missing much! I will do my best to get them up here at some point! Jeremy found some black fabric at a cloth store and cut out some strips with eye holes to wear around his face for a mask. He also wore his winter hat and all black clothing. I also wore all black, and bought some black with purple glitter knee socks to match my "bat wing" head band, which had the same color purple glitter on them. Everyone said it was cute. Jeremy also was a Chinese man the Tuesday of Halloween week because that was the one theme day we had (I was in Nagato so I didn't get to participate). He used the left over fabric from his mask to tie a couple baskets together and fix them on his head as a Chinese hat - he was very creative and it looked great! Next year, we'll try to be Clark Kent and Lois Lane for Halloween. ;-)

Our actual Halloween consisted of cookies and board games with our students, and a visit to an Irish pub where everyone was either in a witch's hat or feathered mask (to be festive). The pub was a very interesting experience. It's owned and managed by one of my adult students, who invited us to come. So not only did we go to a IRISH pub in JAPAN where everyone was in COSTUME, but a pub that played FUNK music, and had a TRUMPETER (who's also a local politician) serenading the customers as they left. Yes, true story. Ha! It was a very cute place, decked out in things about Ireland - it reminded me a bit of the Squire in Illinois, with all the old, wooden features. If we have visitors, I'd like to take them there, even if they don't drink (we don't) - we ordered a non-alcoholic cocktail, which tasted just like a fruity orange juice, haha. Next year, we'll try to be Clark Kent and Lois Lane for Halloween. ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clark Kent - oh, so that's why he started running. He's in training to be a "man of steel"!

Dad