Sunday, November 23, 2008

Holiday preparations

Not much new to report here. I'm sick again as I mentioned before - I don't think my sinuses like Japan very much... We are planning a Thanksgiving potluck with some friends, students, and staff members at our house on Nov. 30th. Also, earlier that day we will each be sharing our testimonies at church - so we've been busy planning for both. After church, they'll be decorating the church for Christmas, then, the next day, we're having a get together with some of our friends at their house for Thanksgiving again. The weather is starting to warm up a LITTLE bit, but definitely not as nice as it was before the cold snap... as would be expected. We still have to do all of our Christmas shopping (minus Jeanette's). We're thinking Japanese-ish gifts and gift cards for the majority of the family, but of course, there's always online shopping, haha. We planned to go to Yamaguchi City today to do some shopping, but it's very rainy, so we'll see! I've been making a yummy chicken vegetable soup lately... I think it's quickly becoming one of our favorite meals, especially on colder days. We still plan on making Sam's jumbalaya soon though!

No comments: