Monday, May 5, 2008

Wedding Updates

Well, this is what we have so far...

The date is June 28th at the First Baptist Church of Grove City, Ohio. Approximate time is around 4pm. Thanks Judy! There are no new updates with the dress - I still owe my friend for the down payment, and still haven't put any more money on it although I do plan on keeping the dress despite it being $400. My mom has agreed to help with at least $100 for the dress and Jeremy said he would be able to help with some of it too! I will still need to call around and see what the best price I can get for the hemming and bustle will be, otherwise, it will be David's and will cost another $150 - ouch!. Still need shoes. Sam's wonderful mom has volunteered to make me a veil! I saw the tulle and the trim she plans to sew on it - very pretty! Last Friday, I bought us three nights for our honeymoon at a nice bed and breakfast along the Lake Michigan coast. I bought the invitations last Friday as well. They're small and pretty, and we will just need to fill in our information - hopefully, we don't mess up on too many!! And we will still need the invitations for the Illinois gathering, although I know what I would like to get for that. We also have a journal that we plan on using for a guest book at all the showers and at the wedding. I think that's about all the progress we've made so far... still lots of ideas floating around and a long ways to go! Oh, and Sam said she wanted to help with the flowers! She is taking me shopping on Thursday. We also received our first wedding gifts yesterday from a co-worker of mine - a set of 4 glasses and sugar and creamer bowls. Thanks Ada!!

We haven't made a complete decision on whether we'll be heading overseas shortly after the wedding or not. We both really want to go, but it also involves some major risks! I would have to leave my excellent job and all my benefits, break my lease (which could be costly), and find room to store our things for 1-2 years. We would be leaving behind many good friends and lots of family, although I know we could count on their continued support. And we would be moving to a country where few people speak English, and where we would have very little spiritual support, as the majority of the people are either Buddhist, Shinto, or have no interest in religion or faith. It would be a fabulous mission field to be in, and I'm sure we'd have many opportunities to share the Good News to our students and friends. And of course there is the obvious, in that we will be newly weds and would encounter many new obstacles together - which I've been told has helped several couples in similar positions strengthen their new marriages. :-) Please continue to pray with us over this opportunity and as plans for the up-coming wedding come together! Thanks!!

No comments: