We're going to Japan!! Of course, there are issues that will need to be taken care of first, but they want us to be there in mid-July. Sonomi said that she mailed the contract on Thursday, which includes the exact date, so we should be receiving that soon. It's very exciting and very scary at the same time! Although, it's something we have both wanted to do for a long time and we're glad we have the opportunity to teach together, there is a long list of things to do in only a short amount of time. I've decided to simplify things by keeping my maiden name until we return to the States in a year or two. I know I wouldn't have enough time to send in all the paperwork needed to receive a new passport, driving license, social security card, and then apply for an international driving license and a Japanese Visa - there would only be two months to do all of that in. It won't happen, so I will still be a Harry for a while longer. :-) I haven't talked to my apartment complex about breaking lease yet... I'm afraid to learn the consequences. Ryan said he had to pay over a thousand dollars when he broke his lease - the equivalent of three months rent. Yikes. Pray for us!! I know I need to talk to them soon. Other wedding news is that we have a set of candles now that Stacey got for us!! Thanks, sis! We also finished addressing the invitations this weekend, although we have about a dozen that still need addresses. And we finally registered at Target!! FIVE hours is a very long time to be in one store, lol. I think that's about all the updates there. :-)
This afternoon the girls and I are going to David's to look at bridesmaid dresses and put more money down on my dress (finally!). Jeremy and I plan to finish our wedding registries before the end of the weekend so all of those who are receiving bridal shower invitations will actually have something to look at in the stores. ;-) Ok... so we're back from David's and the girls decided on BLACK dresses. I wasn't too thrilled, but apparently, the colors I had chosen (at least four different ones: pearl pink, celadon, latte, and wine/cabernet) didn't suit them. At least they can reuse the black dresses, as they both said they will wear them out to other special occasions, so that makes me happy knowing that if they're spending a lot of money on them, at least they'll get more use than just our wedding! It completely goes against the light/pastel colors I wanted to help balance me out, but they'll match the guys so it won't be too off balance than if they had chosen a different dark color. I can be pretty obsessive about symmetry sometimes. :-) It will be easy for Stacey to buy a dress now too!! Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment