Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Laundry woes
Sooooo... I just discovered people don't use hot water for laundry in Japan - at all. I never understood how to use our little washing machine, so I just hit buttons and it seems to work alright. However, I was planning to start washing the diapers today and knew I needed hot water, so we piled them together and went to the laundromat to start prepping them. As it turned out, the washers there only had two options, neither of which was water temperature, so I asked some friends... and, much to my dismay, discovered the lack of hot water usage. Wow. So I guess I'll be hand washing all the diapers in the tub. Let the fun times begin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
No hot water washing in Japan??? If you aren't rethinking the cloth diapers now, you may later?
Dad
Maybe later, but I'll tough it out. :-) I spent a lot of money on them and for good reasons, I'm not about to turn back now!
So how do the locals wash their diapers? Do they only use disposable? Or do they use some process to get stains and bacteria out of the cloth diapers? It would be interesting to know. I do applaud you for trying out the clot diapers. I used them on the first babies but felt I had put my time in and switched to disposable with my last 2. lol
We asked at the doctor's office today and apparently, everyone who uses cloth diapers, hand washes them. Some washers can be attached to the shower somehow (by pump or hose) so the hot water can be used in their machine, but most people don't have that option. We MAY be able to, so I'm going to look into it!
It was pretty interesting to see the shocked look on the doctor and nurses faces when we told them our plan, lol.
im not sure i would love my kids enough to do the cloth diapers especially hand washing! i will be praying for you that you can hook up your washer! lol!
Haha, thanks, Ti!
Post a Comment