Sunday, June 27, 2010

2 years and 40 weeks

Happy anniversary to us!! Gosh, I love my man. What a fabulous two years it has been! :-)

And wow! Who could have predicted that we'd be due on our second wedding anniversary? Today is a pretty awesome day, aside from the rain (ironically, it has rained on this day each year since our wedding). But yay for June 28th! :-)

40 weeks today... that's... whoa, we've entered the 40s! NOW it seems baby is much closer to being a reality! And TWO years already! Time has flown by! Here's to an exciting third! :-D

An update on the three of us:
We're about ready for baby to come, but still have a few things left to do: wash/dry the diapers 1-2 more times, finish packing the hospital bag, and reorganize the baby clothes (I despise using dressers so we're planning to get some hangers and use the closet instead).

The doctor said baby is doing good and weighs about 7lbs3oz (though she said she thinks the baby is a little bigger). I'm surprised considering the last two weeks the baby was around 6lbs7oz, but I guess they do keep growing in there! Today was also the first time the doctor commented on how long baby's legs are - but we've known for a while that she was measuring long! We bet she'll definitely be taller than her momma (assuming she's still a girl!). My body isn't making much progess as baby is still high (I believe her position has kept her from dropping), so we're going to try all we can to get her aligned a little better this week in hopes of getting her to move down and start labor on its own. Otherwise, we have an induction scheduled for July 7-8th. I hate the idea of being induced but our doctor will be away that weekend and she would induce us the following Monday if baby hasn't come by then anyway. We hope and pray she comes on her own though! Also, we desire that Jeremy is able to attend the labor and birth, which means she would have to be born on a weekend... so please pray baby comes next weekend. :-)

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I can't believe it's been two years. I was thinking it had only been one. Oops. :-/ I feel silly. :D
We love you!

Nette said...

Congratulations on TWO years! YAY! i'm starting to feel some slight baby fever and for some reason i'm really hoping Baby Bowman will be a redhead. ^_^

Jeremy and Kristin Bowman said...

There's a good chance baby Bowman could be a readhead!

Joyce said...

That is a lovely family photo! Congratulations on 2 years! We look forward to hearing that baby is here. We are praying for you.

Katrina said...

i hope you know that you will have to post at least 15 pictures of the new baby (you guys can be in them as well). I dont mind the delay since you are on the other side of the world and all and probably only have access to parenting books in japanese.. but please post LOTS of pictures (this means more pictures then you have ever posted before....) sorry to be so demanding. : ) hope the first few days of parenthood are just as tiring and amazing as they should be. : ) love!