Monday, February 12, 2007
News
Well, there are some interesting things happening around here. This morning, the guy holding the standoff with police ended his life after barricading up in an attic near my church for 28 hours. Yesterday as I was heading over to a friend's place to play some board games I noticed dozens and dozens of law enforcement vehicles blocking off the street I needed to turn down. They were there for nearly two days! They're saying the guy was linked to a shooting that took place on Saturday. That little event put Elgin the front page of then news, haha. And once more.. we're in the running for some bad winter weather. They're forecasting 5-7 inches before tomorrow morning. HR sent out an email at work re-notifying us about inclement weather closings.. whoo hoo! We might have a delay or even close for work tomorrow if it's bad enough! Not that I really want it to be bad.. I'd still have to drive in it - UGH - but I'd get a day off work and still be paid for it, haha. Then again, I think I'd rather work (a delay would be nice).. than be home all day doing nothing. I get bored soo easily!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I get bored really easily too... it's too bad you don't live near me- or vice versa. POO!
I know, I wish I did!!
Post a Comment