Friday, December 3, 2010

First food

It probably won't be a regular thing for another month, but... we gave Aeris some homemade brown rice cereal, or "gruel" as it might be translated from Japanese, this morning in honor of her turning 5 months old. She certainly doesn't have a problem with the spoon - she immediately grabbed it and shoved it into her mouth, swallowed the food, and then looked for more, heh. I'd say she swallowed at least 80% of it, and it was evident in her next diaper... so I think that's pretty good for the first time. There was little mess until she discovered where the rest of the food was hiding...


This video is a few minutes into the feeding; she was too hungry and we probably should have given her milk first!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxseFouaULk

And for anyone wondering, we have decided to do a variation of baby-led weaning, so look for more fun pictures of that in another month or so!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Thanks for inviting me to the first feeding through video! (Gruel?)

Dad