Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Warning: TMI for some!

Exactly one year ago today we learned our lives were going to change. Aeris was a very welcomed blessing! Not many people know this, but she was planned. We tried for three months. I'm not so shy about it anymore... I've become a big advocate of FA (fertility awareness), also known as NFP (natural family planning) and love to talk about it. If anyone's interested, check out this book:
We decided before getting married that that would be the way we'd go. It's also a pretty neat benefit to know the exact day her life began. (Would it be weird to celebrate that every year?) So that bring us to today. What a year it has been! We could have never known how much our lives would change with her presence. Good and bad, but all a blessing for sure. Thank you, Lord, for placing her in our lives!

It's hard to get her to smile for the camera while I'm holding it. :-)



6 comments:

tifelger said...

When I read this I was so excited to hear! Kevin and actually chose the same nfp route before we got married. Friends of ours told us about it and I loved it. It keeps us both involved and its easy! For a wedding gift those same friends gave us computer software that we input the info to to keep track so We can look back and it makes it easier. I think its called cycle pro if ur interested. I have told some of my other friends about it. Some people thinks its so weird but I'm glad to hear more people I know are doing the same! Thanks for sharing!
P.S aeris is getting so big! Its exciting to think u all will be coming home sooner! U may even make it to Tommys wedding! I'm sorry ur having a hard time right now but we are all just as eager to see u all home here too! Love u!

Jeremy and Kristin Bowman said...

Aw, thanks Ti! I knew straight away that I didn't want to use anything that would affect the hormones in my body and knowing my body so well just sounded great. It really does keep both of us involved. Glad to hear we're not alone too!!

Rachael said...

We love FAM over here too! It's been working great for us 7 years and counting : ). I think the method is getting more well-known and accepted as legitimate which is great. I find it really empowering to know what my body is doing each cycle (and knowing exactly when our babies were conceived is a nice bonus too).

J.R. Jr. said...

...yes. YES! JUMPING JEHOSHAPHAT ON A POGO STICK HEADING TOWARDS A HELLSTORM OF WRONG, YES IT WOULD BE WEIRD!!!! How on God's green creation would you celebrate ...that. Happy conception day! We're having cake but we're gonna save a slice for mommy and daddy to eat together in honor of the day they both got a piece.

*shudders and weeps quietly*

Jeremy and Kristin Bowman said...

Haha, I have proof there was nothing going on between us that day, other than I dropped an egg. :-p

Jeremy said it would be weird too... so maybe we'll just do a secret celebration or forget about it over the years, lol.

J.R. Jr. said...

Well I know that I for one will never forget.... never...

*shudders and weeps quietly *