We've survived our first week! Tonight, she'll be just two weeks old, but it already feels like so much longer. It's been great though! She's been sleeping 3-3.5 hours at night and alternates 1 hour naps and alert periods in the daytime. She isn't a very fussy baby, only if she has a good reason to be! Just as in the womb, she still gets hiccups fairly regularly. Breastfeeding is going well, I just have to remind myself to drink enough and snack throughout the day to keep my supply up. Physically, I'm doing great other than a bad bout of constipation. Hopefully, it passes soon (pun intended)! I can already wear my pre-pregnancy clothes, even my size 6 jeans! Granted, they're still a little tight, but they fit. Unfortunately, I've just discovered some stretchmarks. I thought I had escaped any physical reminders of the pregnancy - I first found two teeny tiny ones last Saturday and today they look like they've exploded across my lower belly... sigh, why are they just NOW appearing? We do both love being mommy and daddy. Jeremy lets me take "breaks" whenever I want, so I've been getting out and doing some errands around town. Jeremy absolutely ADORES her. :-) We're SO thankful to the Lord for all his blessings on us. They seem endless.
We haven't taken too many pictures yet, so these are just from the past two days.
We gave in and tried an artificial pacifier with her the other day after becoming an overused human pacifier. It works while she needs it then she spits it out with a disgusted look. We'll keep it around 2-3 months then bye-bye! And yes, she is wearing a disposable diaper - the cloth ones we have won't fit her properly until she's around 10lbs, so in another month or so we'll give them a try. :-)




I took these this afternoon while trying to capture her elusive sleepy smile, but only got a slight grin.





3 comments:
So cute! I love my little niece!
Is no one going to ask the question as to why The Linguist is not wearing clothes in any of the pictures?
Thanks sooo much for the frequent updates. She is so cute. I'm glad you are each doing well with the adjustments to parenthood. Enjoy Grandparents' visit! Love you!
Post a Comment