For a while I've been wanting to take pictures of the progress they have been making on the new road they're constructing outside of Hagi. But Monday was the first chance I've had, i.e. with my camera and not with a bunch of other people. First, let me say, that when we arrived here, this had been in progress for about 6 or so months (and the excavated hill was still a mountain covered in trees) and it isn't expected to be finished for a while yet. We aren't quite sure what or where this road is going, but there is a LOT of construction going on around the area that looks like it could be all apart of the same project. I'm curious to find out where this road will connect.

Here's one of the 9-10 tunnels we drive through every day, never mind the reflection of the church bulletin and gas receipt on the glove box.

More construction. It never ends. At least back home there is 'construction season'...
And here is a short video up the road to Kiyoko's house, where we practice Japanese every Monday.
These are what we thought were hotdogs. They were actually fishpaste dogs. Yum.
5 comments:
Fish paste dogs? ....thats not on your list of foods for Rich and I to try is it??? Thanks for the pictures, that looks like a huge freeway going up, are they expecting lots of traffic to come? We love you.
wow, sadest day ever. i would cry if i expected hotdogs and didn't get them. :(
I LOVE YOU! thanks for e-mailing jeremy, i love hearing your point of view. ^_^
When you guys come back you'll have to go to subway for some REAL hotdogs, and of course Aunt Judy's coke! LOL
That would be a very sad day to expect hotdogs but get fishpaste instead. Does that smell as bad sardines? I love reading your blog. Thanks for the updates.
Subway has hotdogs?? We were quite sad. Jeremy tried one bite and said No Way! I didn't mind them too much, it just had a slight fishy taste, at least after adding all the ketchup and mustard, lol.
Post a Comment