Thursday, December 10, 2009

Shot update

Thanks everyone for your advice and opinions! So, after more consideration and prayer we ultimately decided that it would be best to wait a few months before getting the H1N1 vaccine. I was scheduled for this morning, and called and cancelled a few hours before (sorry!). I figure since it's still so early on (11 weeks) and the baby is still in its critical stage of development, plus the greatest risk of contracting the virus is in the later stages of pregnancy, that it would be wisest to wait. Fortunately, I heard H1N1 is at its peak here now, and in a few months I probably won't even need the vaccine. So here's to our health this holiday season and beyond! I plan on wearing those popular masks while traveling and in the classroom, and of course, the usual staying-healthy methods.

PS. Those masks are annoying though! They are common here, people wear them both while sick and while preventing sickness, so I don't look out of place - BUT they do tend to steam up my glasses from time to time making me look a little odd, lol.

4 comments:

Nette said...

thst sounds wise of you. ^_^

it's getting so cold here, i've been wearing my scarf up over my nose. i don't do it often though because it fogs up my glasses. ^_^

J.R. Jr. said...

You should wear a ninja mask!!! You would totally blend in and strike fear into all who gaze upon you because you carry the disease that causes the most fatalities each year.

Death

Katrina said...

please post pictures of you in your mask. thanks, : )
How is everything going? Are you getting "morning" sickness? I did in like the first few months but it was never in the morning.
post baby bump pictures too! seriously, since we never get to see you, you must post more pictures of YOU. ok, im done with the demands for now.

Jeremy and Kristin Bowman said...

I'll post some 'bump' pictures for you all once I get one, lol. I know it's sad everyone will miss everything so I'll keep you as up to date as I can.

Thankfully, I haven't been too sick. I get nauseous from time to time or day to day, but it's only mild, nothing too horrible. :-) I'm just starting to notice other symptoms too, like how I need to use the bathroom at least once an hour...