Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Some of you may like to know...
I make a dentist appointment today (will be next Wednesday, the 26th). I'm ok with it... with the first appointment (x-rays and cleaning) at least... it might not be so scary as I won't be able to understand what he's saying as he examines me! Aya, our friend and school secretary will be accompanying us to help fill out the paperwork and give the diagnosis/treatment plan. She thinks it will be a couple of months before all my dental work is compete. UGH. Why did I wait so long?? It has been six years since I have seen a dentist, and I've known for over half that time that I needed work done. I had a quick visit to a strange dentist before leaving Elgin just to get x-rays and know what I needed done before coming here, and at that time he found a cavity for every year I've missed and a tooth that needs a root canal for good measure. Over the past year I've noticed one more wisdom tooth that has come in and one that has started causing me a little pain from time to time... so we may be looking at some extractions too! I'm such a baby with dental pain... I really wish they had the kind of stuff to knock you out so I would just wake up and it'd all be over, or well... until the next visit... Keep me in your prayers. I need major strength and courage to go through with this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment