Saturday, June 13, 2009

More fireflies

No pictures this time, sorry! We went to another festival in Taware last night and had a good time. It was interesting... apparently, the people in that area aren't used to seeing foreigners so we were quite the spectacle. When we arrived we were greeted with camera flashes. No joke! Everyone whipped out their cameras and started taking pictures - some posed, most candid. We were watched very closely the entire evening. Of course being a celebrity has its perks - we were given some delicious free food and treated extra special. We were even put up on the stage in front of everyone and forced to introduce ourselves. It was slightly awkward having a Japanese comedian shove a microphone in your face while having hundreds of eyes on you... The fireflies, the reason for the event, were amazing - MUCH better than Hagi-Yamada's! There were sooo many! It was beautiful. We were even able to catch some. :-)

*edit* AND we discovered at church this morning that apparently Jeremy and I made it on local TV when we were at the Hagi festival last week - they freakin' zoomed in our faces!! Our friend said we were on the whole screen. Creepy, haha. We saw the cameras there and Jeremy joked about us being on TV...

7 comments:

Nette said...

oh, i see. that's why you want to stay in japan longer, you love the limelight. ^_^ i love you both. ^_^

J.R. Jr. said...

Man, with that much glout and social status I'd ask for a non-blood stained couch

.
..
...
....
.....

and maybe some more students to justify a new staff member who is ridiculously good looking and is an even bigger attraction then the two dark hair teachers who could fit in perfectly unlike the aforementioned ridiculously good looking blond behemoth bumpkin.

Jeremy and Kristin Bowman said...

No joke! Even with the sheets over the furniture, it still feels dirty to me...

Nette said...

bah! a blonde wouldn't get much acclaim, now a redhead ...

i just had to tell you both that i love you so much! i've been overcome recently with a new batch of love for you both! ^_^

J.R. Jr. said...

Seriously Red, must you always try to trump me? I just don't want to see you crash and burn like all the other times. I think that it would be better for all of us, namely you, if you wouldn't try to one up me at every turn. It would definitely cut down on the length of my rants, the frequency of their occurrence, and the duration of which I won't let something go. Which by the way, I'm still fully expecting a Bar-b-que in my honor this Father's Day as I may be a future dad someday.




Maybe.

Jeremy and Kristin Bowman said...

Aww, we love you too, Jeanette!! We're blessed to have such a wonderful sister. :-)

Jesse, we could just create another whole holiday for us future parents... if there isn't one already... why share a day with the now-moms and dads when we could have our OWN day to celebrate our future fertility?

J.R. Jr. said...

Yes, we could call it "Possibly Parents Day". We could hold it the week after the anti-thesis to Mother's Day, Shaftmas (Shaftmas is the day when we celebrate the all the bad muthers in the land by remembering the baddest muther in the land: Shaft, John Shaft, cause he's one bad muther

Shut yo' mouth!

I'm just talking about Shaft.

We can dig it.

and that will be the traditional greeting of Shaftmas: "You're one bad muther... followed by the previous conversation).

"Possibly Parents Day" has the potential to be as good as all those other made up holidays like Second Thanksgiving or Hanuka Extreme. I can hardly wait for the week after Shaftmas!!!

I'm all a quiver with delight!