Yeah... it's been a while since I've posted here! Sorry, I still don't have any pictures to show you. :-( We are working on getting a camera, but it seems to be a SLOW process. It's difficult with the language barrier to discuss my camera issues, and the estimate they called back on it doesn't seem like it would solve the problem so we are waiting on a second opinion from my old boss at the camera shop before we decide to either fix it or buy a new one... which, if that's the case, will likely take even longer because we'll have to figure out how to buy the right camera in Japanese! Whoa. I do hope we have a camera soon though! Thankfully, we've been getting a few pictures here and there from staff members and friends, but no digital pictures, so we'd require a scanner to put them up for you all. :-p Somewhere, I do have pictures of our house, inside and out, but I cannot find the CD they are on...
Moving on, please do feel free to write us, call us, message us, or use Skype. I've been wanting to use Skype, but I have so few of your addresses, I haven't seen anyone online yet to call. Jeremy and I have been fighting for the computer in the mornings - the best time to talk with you all (our mornings are your evenings) - so I haven't been around too much when the best times would be. I'll try to work on that a little. Now, it's the middle of the night for you. :-p I don't have too much interesting to report... this coming week is Obon (sp?), a time when the Japanese spend time visiting their hometowns and families, and celebrating the lives of their ancestors. We are going to a festival in Nagato tomorrow with some friends. This week, we're also opening a bank account to start some automatic payments so we don't have to mail them every month. I think we may also be getting our first paychecks this week! We got paid for training last week so that has helped us get by without cashing the rest of our travelers checks. We need to create a budget now that we have an income. That will be tough getting started! :-p
I guess that's all I have for now, I'll try to update more often now that we're back online.
No comments:
Post a Comment