Monday, August 27, 2007

Alone

It's strange how you can be around so many people, have so many friends, and a God who loves you... and still feel very alone. I have struggled with this for a very long time. I live alone as well, which I'm sure does not help matters. My friends are great - they're all fabulous people, Christian people no less, and yet I somehow I have not found true, close friendship among them. I desperately long for that. I long for someone to sincerely ask me how I'm doing, pray with me, and encourage me. I long for female companionship; someone who could hold me accountable, someone who can challenge me on a regular basis, someone I can look up to for godly wisdom. Somedays, I wonder if I will ever find anyone like that. Is there a friend out there meant for me?

1 comment:

Dad said...

Yes there is! I feel it highly likely that there's someone close by you who has the same need, and they are praying that God will lead her to you, too!